Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello all! I don't know how many of you keep up with the weather, but it's been hot here. When I say hot, I mean HOT. The temperature has reached upwards to where you can actually turn your oven on and have it cooler than the ambient temperature. The average temperature here for this past week has been about 110-115 degrees. There's usually a breeze out there, but instead of making things feel cooler, they tend to make you even more miserable. It feels like someone has a hair dryer and is blasting hot air right in your face.

Now, I don't mind the heat, but it sure has put a damper on my running cycle. I have since taken to running indoors. I usually don't favor the treadmill. I tend to feel like a hamster on his wheel, running with all of my might, yet actually traveling nowhere. Futility at its finest.

No, give me the open road and 75-degree weather over that horrendous rodent-inspired contraption any day. Alas, there are no more 75-degree days to be had. For now, I will deal with the heat and press onwards toward the gym, where I can exercise in air conditioned comfort. At least until October, when it should start to cool off a bit.

Well, folks, I am sorry this was so short. Like I've said before, every day here seems like the previous one, so it's hard to come up with a new and intersting topic every day. Thank you to all who send me letters and packages.

Also, happy Mother's Day to all of the mommies out there. Mom, I love you. I know I'm playing with guns and running indoors over here, but I'm sure you understand.

To my wife, a special happy Mother's day. You are a true hero and my children are especially lucky to have you as their mother. A, E, L, I love you.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I love you, James! All of us mommies are so proud of you! You are the hero, allowing us to do our jobs and raise our kids. And running on the treadmill isn't THAT bad. Of course, right now, I am imagining you running on a hamster wheel...when did you grow all of that hair? Stop squeaking...RUN!:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jabroni James,
God bless you, sir for serving and protecting us back here. I remember you (fondly!) from back in the days of playing football on the easement behind David's house as little Jimmy S, and never in my life would have thought I'd be where I am right now, writing to you where you are right now. My mom gave me your blog address the other day, and I couldn't wait to check out your site and read about what's happening. I'm blown away, all I can say is thank God for you and people like you doing what you are doing for our country and way of life. You will be in my prayers at night, Jimmy. I will bookmark this site and check back often! I am proud to know you.
-John S. formerly of S. Hoga St

spanks. said...

i climbed into my humvee today, and it was significatly cooler than outside.

that's just wrong.

keep up the posting, buddy! 8 total for 2007 is pretty fantastic!