Wednesday, August 8, 2007

45:54

Last weekend, I had the honor to take part in the annual Audie Murphy association 10K fun run. I don't know if this event is held everywhere or just here in southern Iraq, but 6.2 miles is 6.2 miles no matter where you are. The Audie Murphy Assn. is one of those organizations that allows only the finest non-commissioned officers to join its ranks and claim membership. I thought it was special that they invited me to run with them. I was truly surrounded by greatness...

Until I left all that greatness in my dust!!! WOOOOHOOO, there were maybe 20 people in front of me out of about 300 who took part in the race. Meet army standards??? Hell no! I exceed them!

The title of this post is my time. I didn't think it was all that special of a time (actually a bit slow) but I later found out that whoever laid out the course miscalculated and 6.2 miles in this case was actually 6.4 miles. Oh well...can't trust the Army to count either.

I shouldn't be so hard on the Army, actually. After all, these guys are some of the finest young men I have ever had the pleasure of serving with. They have to be in order to put up with the Army's crap all the time.


In other news, I managed to find time to take part in a poker tournament on Thursday. I came in third place. Pocket jacks and an "all in" call got me the third place trophy. Stand by for a picture of the glorious statue. It's pretty comical.

Well, folks, I am sorry I haven't been posting as much as some would like, but I have been really busy running races and playing poker. Seriously, I do have a job, and it's a pretty involved one at times, so bear with the lack of posts.

A, E, L, I love you!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Run and fun do not go together, particularly in the desert. Why not opt for the team branding competition? At least you get a commemorative scar.