Saturday, April 7, 2007

Pizza Night!

Greetings!

I write to you today the day before Easter. Yes, it's a wonderful day, that Easter. I remember the days as a kid, waking up, finding candy strewn around the house, and being sick of peanut butter eggs by nine, when we would go to Church and celebrate the resurrection of Christ (the real reason for Easter, by the way). Ahh yes, the pink and yellow peeps and the chocolate bunny rabbit whose ears were never safe from the likes of Dad...He always thought it hillarious to bite the ears off of the bunny. Now, looking back, I do too! E and L, I'm sorry I can't be there to celebrate Easter with you...and to bite the ears off of your bunny!

Anyway, things are going pretty well here. I start every day with a four-mile run, which helps to clear the cobwebs and puts me in a better mood to cope with the Army's way of doing things. I then spoil the runner's high by attending the first of many meetings of the day. Most have no purpose, but I go anyway because I'm not in charge and I follow my orders. Some, on the other hand, are quite handy and it is these to which I look forward. Those happen about once a week.

The meeting I look forward to the most is the weekly meeting of the EWOs at one of the local pizza joints. I figured it out, and if I just count those as a marker of time passing, every Pizza Night counts for 3% of my total time here. Therefore, I am almost 15% done with my deployment! We don't talk much about work at this meeting. It's mostly just a get-together and we talk about things like football, and the college basketball tournament, and so on. By the way, I came in dead last in the prediction for the March Madness basketball tournament. (YAY ME!) More than that, though, these meetings are a way for us to spend an hour or two not thinking about work. I know it's not much, but when every day seems to be the same as the last, you start looking for things by which to mark time.

Well, that's all for this post. I have some pictures I will post later on, but I forgot to put them on my flash drive. Keep checking for photos.
A,E,L, I love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello this is cousin Joshua in Boise, ID! I read about Pizza and Easter and Hoorah! Yes, meetings like the ones you have to go to are a Military thing but I don't think they are just military anymore...I worked at NMCI (Navy Marine Corps Project) for two years and had a number of those :) Maybe our next jobs will have less meetings. Really enjoying your pictures. I am still running as well. I am mountian biking more though.
I have you in my prayers this Easter. We are taking a big family to Church. My next posts won't be this long. Have a good day.

spanks. said...

our taji ritual is similar: cigars, fake beer, and poker. mayhaps we should add pizza?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just found your blog, and added it to my favorites. I love your sense of humor. You crack me up. Thanks for serving in Iraq for me, and thanks for keeping a blog about it. I'm so grateful! We really need you guys, (and we really need your blogs!)

Be safe! You're in my prayers.